The Town of Milton Bookkeeper performs bookkeeping and clerical work involving all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable and may assist in payroll.
Works under the general supervision of the Town Administrator who reviews work for accuracy and conformance to prescribed procedures. As an employee of the Town, is under the authority of the Board of Selectmen.
Examples of Duties
1. Processes accounts payable. Pays bills in a timely manner, prepares checks for Town Treasurer and does monthly postings.
2. Performs monthly reconciliation of general fund account, recreation revolving account and ambulance special revenue account, police detail account and any other special revenue or revolving accounts that may be opened as authorized.
3. Operates as the Town liaison between vendors and departments regarding issues of account balances and discrepancies in same.
4. Operates as the Town Purchasing Agent in accordance with the approved purchasing policy with direct oversight by the Town Administrator to insure proper segregation of duties.
5. Processes, sorts and files records and other documents in accordance with established systems.
6. Creates Town Expenditure reports and assists with special projects as needed.
7. May assist in preparing weekly payroll and related reports.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Knowledge of office policies and procedures and the use of personal computers including the use of spreadsheets and word processing software. Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to proper 1099 reporting and processing of same. Ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately. Ability to understand fund accounting, and payroll reporting instructions. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Good working knowledge of accounting principles and able to make journal entries as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required
High School diploma, Associates Degree preferred- with experience in bookkeeping, accounting, data entry and general clerical work; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Municipal software office products as required.
424 White Mountain Highway
P.O. Box 310
Milton, NH 03851
• Please note applications should be submitted by: March 20th at 5PM
Filed under: Uncategorized