- The two parties reached a "compromise" budget deal which essentially means more money will be spent on everything! Yay! (That was sarcasm.) There is no funding for the border wall, though. Yay! (That was not sarcasm.)
- In an interview, Trump seems to suggest that he doesn't grasp a whole lot about the Civil War and why it happened. He also seems to think nobody else knows either.
- A teen passenger in a vehicle was shot and killed by police in a suburb of Dallas over the weekend, and there are wildly divergent explanations of what happened.
- It's okay to root against both sides when May Day participants protest the Trump administration.
- The Trump administration is rolling back federal school lunch rules (some of which are based on bad science, like restrictions on salt content) pushed by the Obama administration.
- Sebastian Gorka may be out as a White House adviser, sources say.
- The federal government seems to be acknowledging that marijuana use helps reduce the tendency to turn to addictive opioids to fight pain.
- There's a leadership shake-up at Fox News.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.